top of page

Teen Internship Program

Program History

One Light's Teen internship program was founded in 2016 by David Sheehy who co-founded One Light Theatre. Sheehy and the board of directors wanted to develop a meaningful internship that helped teens finetune their skills in performing arts while helping them gain knowledge about the business end of theater.

From 2016-2018 the Teen Internship Program was a staple in One Light's Summer stock season. High school students from across the state would perform in 75% of One Light's mainstage productions and spend the other 25% of their contract working in an administrative position that pertains to the theater arts. Teen Interns left One Light's Summer program with stronger knowledge and skills. Since leaving the program, over 70% of our teen interns perused theater at the college level!

2023 Teen Internship Program

Our 2023 Summer Teen Internship will run from June 18th through August 19th. Students in grades 9-12 who have an interest in the performing arts (both on and offstage) are encouraged to audition for One Light Internship program. 

PERFORMANCE TEEN INTERNS 

  • PERFORM IN THREE OF FOUR OF THE FOLLOWING PROFESSIONAL PRODUCTION

    • BIG FISH THE MUSICAL​

    • PETER AND THE STARCATCHER

  • RECEIVE FREE TUITION TO PERFORM IN ONE LIGHT'S TEEN INTENSIVE PRODUCTION OF SWEENY TODD

  • SPEND TWO WEEKS WORKING IN ADMINISTRATIVE POSITIONS

  • GAIN COMMUNITY SERVICE HOURS WHILE DOING SOMETHING THEY LOVE

  • RECEIVE A WRITTEN COLLEGE RECOMMENDATION FROM A PROFESSION DIRECTOR OR CHOREOGRAPHER

  • LEARN BASIC SKILLS IN TECHNICAL THEATER

  • GAIN CONNECTIONS WITH DIRECTORS, AND PERFORMERS FROM ACROSS THE REGION.

TECHNICAL INTERNS

  •  WORK 40 HOURS A WEEK DESIGNING AND BUILDING THE FOLLOWING PRODUCTIONS

    • BIG FISH THE MUSIC​

    • PETER AND THE STARCATCHER

    • SWEENEY TODD

  • GAIN PROFESSIONAL PHOTOS OF YOUR PROJECTS TO INCLUDE IN YOUR PORTFOLIO

  • WRITTEN COLLEGE RECOMMENDATIONS BY THE COMPANY'S TECHNICAL DIRECTOR

  • LEARN LIGHTING DESIGN,STAGE CONSTRUCTION AND SOUND DESIGN

  • GAIN CONNECTIONS WITH PROFRESSIONAL DESIGNERS AND TECHNICIANS WHO ARE CURRENTLY WORKING IN THE INDUSTRY 

TO APPLY FOR A PERFORMANCE INTERNSHIP

TO APPLY FOR A TECHNICAL TEEN INTERNSHIP

bottom of page